I had the BEST day today! Woke up at about 10:30, took a leisurely shower, meandered down to Westwood to cash my check from grandma, and caught the Big Blue Bus to Santa Monica for a big day of shopping. Made my way to Bebe (straight to the clearance racks, despite my being flush with cash) and bought a little black hooded shirt-thing, with sequins on the front--cute! And totally got me ready to do more shopping (why is it that a success in the first store I enter makes me so ready to do infinitely more shopping?)...Proceeded into Abercrombie (two shirts, at $9.90 each...a steal, especially for Abercrombie!), J. Crew (a bag, perfect for the beach, and a scarf with multiple possible uses), Old Navy (three shirts, all of which I can wear to work, and all of which I wouldn't mind wearing outside of work...once all the coffee nastiness has been dryer-sheet-ed away), Anthropologie (Rosebud Lip Salve...yummy, and sunglasses, which were about half the price I thought they'd be...always a plus), and Express (yet another shirt, but it was 75% off! How could I resist?). So, after a day full of spending (stress relief, from what little stress there is in my life right now), I hopped the bus back to Westwood and walked back up to the room.
Once back, I decided that I had to have a decent place to put all my new acquisitions, so I began to clean. And not "put away all the shit that's cluttering my desk" clean-- serious, Mom-esque cleaning. I rearranged most of the stuff under my bed, refused to throw away old magazines (that's right Andy, I'm a keeper!), and tried on this dress I bought junior year in SF and haven't worn once...maybe I can make a pillow out of it or something. The whole cleaning thing made me even happier...I'm SO turning into my mother, with the whole obsessive cleaning thing...but I guess after a day of selfish spending, it was nice to do something a little more arduous than trying on sweaters.
Is it bad that any of the things that I can envision ruining this high seem so far-fetched right now? I can't see anything reasonably falling out of the sky and knocking me unconscious, and that makes me a little worried. Never one to take anything at face value, am I? Nope, never...