Someday we'll know
 

 
This is the story of a girl...
 
 
   
 
Monday, August 11, 2003
 
Alright everyone, this is how desperate I am to blog...xanga, for whatever reason, is down, and here I am, doin' it old-school-style. Yes, it's been over five months since I last made an entry in my sad little blogspot place, and I kind of missed it. It's fun to read all the old stuff, especially with what's gone on in the time between the last entry and this.

I guess the biggest thing to talk about is the rest of the school year, which, looking back on it, was pretty great. I became an official sorority girl, continued to work unglamorously at the Big Green, had zillions of "aww" moments with Patrick (nobody likes a gushy girl, so I'll try not to), and finally, sadly, said goodbye to everyone and -thing that had been my life for almost a year. College was the best thing to ever happen to me, and now that I've been home for a good 2/3 of the summer already, I really, really miss it. Twin beds, cohabitation, and all, I loved living at school. Even though I know how different next year is going to be, I think I might be even more excited about starting out the year, because I know how good it'll be.

And summer...I'm glad it's almost over. I mean, being at home has been mostly weird, what with having people concerned about when I'm coming home, telling me to clean my room, and reminding me how much quieter it was when I was away at school. Way to roll out the Welcome Wagon, family! I haven't been hanging out with the people that I didn't see all year because we'd parted ways at the end of high school, and it sounds kind of mean, but I don't really miss anyone. Or maybe it's that hanging out with them is generally colored by my feelings about high school, which was mostly a lot more trying than it really should have been. Ok, I miss Natasha, Candice, Leah, Dan, and the whole gang and whatnot, but nobody's calling me, and I hate being the friend who has to arrange everything. If you want to hang out, call me. That's just it.

I'm excited, though, because I'm going to Disneyland with Michelle and Candice and Patrick later this month, and it's going to be nice to get away from home and be with the people I love. Yeah, I said it. Well, first I responded with an ill-timed "Oh, lord," but eventually I echoed the sentiments. And I mean it, and it feels so much like he does, that it's almost scary. But only almost.
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives