Ohh, I go back to school tomorrow! I've had fun here, and I got to see a bunch of my friends and my family...but it's time to go back to school. I want to go back to someplace where I feel like I have a sense of purpose, drama be damned. And...I miss my LA friends!
Yesterday, now that I think about it, was really, really, REALLY busy. I went to the dentist and got that pesky cavity filled (no Novocain! I'm so hardcore!), and then came back home and went to the gym with my mom. Hmm, the gym. Maybe I should, you know, get...in shape? That might be nice. Yes, in the spirit of New Year's resolutions, I do declare that I would like to have the body of a popstar. Woohoo! Ok, so then we came back with barely enough time to shower before we went to Sushi Lover's and met Grandma at Mercado to see "Catch Me If You Can," which was bubbly and fun, even though Leonardo DiCaprio is a little too man-child for my taste... Later, I went BOWLING!! Yay for white-trashy-carnival-folk Friday night activities! It was ok, though, 'cause it was a reunion of sorts: Natasha, Rachel, Tiffany, Rahwa, Sylvia, Dave the German, Ben, Karl, Vu-Ha, and Dan...all of us bowled like there was no tomorrow, and with our one quarter's worth of a college education, I feel that I can safely say that we were the best-educated people in attendance that night at Moonlite Lanes. No offense, chubby has-been punk rockers in the lanes next to us, but didn't you see that thing on CNN? Unless you're being ironic, the grungy thing is...gross.
Today I made some attempt to get back to the sleep schedule that I'll be on when I go back to school: wake up early (ok, 9:00), go out (breakfast with Leah, Vu-Ha, and Dan, then a visit with Tom...a goodbye of sorts), come back and take a 3-hour nap, wake up, eat dinner (pork loin, then chocolate fondue...mmmm!), and then back to the ol'...reading, computer, TV. And now there's SNL, the season premiere with Matt Damon, which began with a re-creation of the Justin/Britney dance-off...pure gold, I tell you!
Wish me luck with the packing and plane ride, and I'm sure there'll be some interesting story of the events that transpire on Southwest, the bus of the skies.