Someday we'll know
 

 
This is the story of a girl...
 
 
   
 
Sunday, January 26, 2003
 
Argh, everyone was gone this weekend! Well, not really. But Andy and Brian and Michael were gone, so that left me with Gemma, who came over on Friday night to watch "Sex and the City" (she'd never seen it, the poor thing) and "Alias" and eat Puzzles. My Dad came back from Amsterdam on Friday night, so after all the girl festivities wrapped up, he came, picked me up, and drove back to the hotel so I could spend the night there.

We drove up to Santa Barbara on Saturday, and meandered around the Old Town area, peeping into shops and stuff, although all I managed to buy was a pair of drinking glasses that say, "Smart women thirst for knowledge." Cute, no? I love Anthropologie! Oh...also, there was an anti-war march (down the sidewalk...it was odd), and we saw "About Schmidt." Funny movie, and well done...except where there was a frontal shot of a topless Kathy Bates-- she had a line about how she breast-fed her movie-son until he was five. It was plainly obvious that this may have been true in real life as well. On our way back to LA, we stopped at some outlets, where I browsed such shops as Barneys and Saks (and saw really cute Isaac Mizrahi shoes...that were $100, discounted), but only purchased at the Gap. Not surprising, trust me. We met Candice for dinner, and ate at Noodle Planet, which Candice complained was "too Asian." Typical, but mockery of our various cultures is a strong part of the relationship between the two of us. Spent Saturday night at the hotel, too, and managed to sleep before 12. There are already reruns being shown of SNL...what's going on? I only made it past the first sketch, anyway, so...bleah.

Leah suggested that I have some "Megan time," and I totally plan to, I really do. I'd like to relish just being in the company of my (oft-ignored) friends, and rebond with Candice (oooh, we're gonna watch Margaret Cho videos this week!)...This is not to say that I'm ok, by any means. There's still...tenderness? No, too cheesy. How about...leftover yuckiness. Yes, that'll do.

Is it weird for anyone else to think that ex-boyfriends or -girlfriends will inevitably have future relationships? That they'll say things to these future significant others that they said to you, and maybe even mean it more? In the future, there will be someone with better eyes than I have, a better personality, a better body, a better understanding of how to conduct herself around everyone. I'm aware that "there's always someone better out there," but I don't like there to be evidence that anyone would rather spend their time with anyone other than me. What a child I am.
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives