First, the good news: I spent today up in San Francisco with Dave, which was really nice. We ended up taking BART up, so that was fun...woohoo, nice public transit! Went to the SF Shopping Center, Union Square, then on an odyssey to North Beach. To make a short story of a long trek, let's just say we found what we were looking for (The Steps of Rome) about 30 minutes later than we should have. North Beach was nice, with coffee, a too-rich dessert, and a weird car accident-type thing (a big ol' monster truck-type thing was LITERALLY on top of this poor Toyota!). City Lights, another wonderful North Beach attraction, is filled with the type of books that make me glad to be literate-- really great literature-type stuff and a little room filled to the brim with poetry. It was like some sort of book-cathedral, all quiet and reverential, with the smell of books (niiiiice!) and a little more nudity (you know, just a little). There was this little head-shop-type store next to City Lights, and it was full of (allegedly) Nepalese and Busshist-type stuff...we walked around it, and right before we left, we passed...a HUGE BASKET OF WOODEN PENISES. Like, with balls, too. It was...awkward. But totally hilarious. I'd never been to Coit Tower before today, but I'm really glad that I managed to climb the hill (mountain, really...you know how steep SF is...) and look out on the sunset-y city with Dave. It was ALMOST the cheesiest moment of the day...bleahhh.
Do I deserve what's going on right now? Let's see...I have this great guy, who pays incessant attention to me, and is pretty much...yeah. Great. I feel like I should be wearing a sandwich board that says, "Ask me about my great boyfriend."
And then there's Tom. Hi Tom, if you're reading this. How long have you known about it? Does it matter, at this point? You think I suck, and you know what? I'd probably think the same thing, if I were you. But hear me out: don't say anything now, or do anything, that you'll regret when we're friends again. Please refrain from comments like, "I'll go get you a double-sided dildo so you and your new boyfriend can go fuck each other." Especially after we staged a fight-and-make-up-sex thing in a chat room filled with Wilcox people, most of whom like you better, anyway. You go ahead and do whatever it is you feel like you need to do, and have fun at Winter Ball. Let me know when you want to be friends, 'cause I think it'd be a big loss for both of us if we never speak again (after all, nobody else is gonna enjoy "Bee well soon!" as much as you do)...I'm trying not to say anything bitchy or bitter.
And Dave, I know you read this...thank you for being who you are. Thank you for saving me from pitching down the steps today, and for carrying my bags. And for everything else you do, and are. For getting all riled up over the 9/11 books, for finding Frank O'Hara 'cause you know I love him, for wanting to save the person trapped in the car 'cause you felt it was your duty.
Hey, guess what, everybody? I had a great day today, a day where I forgot that anything bad could ever exist in my life. And so I say, to the First Guy, the Snob, the Tall Guy, the Rich Guy, the Jock, the Boy Scout, the Old Guy, the Baby, and the Brit...screw you guys! Screw you for making me cry, and for making me such a girl. We got along well at some point, and maybe I'm still friends with two and a half of you, but...I'm feeling angry. And there are SOME people out there who don't think I suck. Including me...