Someday we'll know
 

 
This is the story of a girl...
 
 
   
 
Saturday, November 09, 2002
 
Why is it that Friday nights are NEVER as exciting as they should be?

Saw "Y Tu Mama Tambien" (I know, I know, shudder at the lack of accents...), and it was just about everything I expected. Sex-filled, funny, and kind of a little mysterious and weird somethimes, just like...Mexico? Oh, I don't know. Went with Andy and Brian (shock of all shocks...) and it was less odd to see a movie like THAT with two guys than I would have expected...or WAS it? This may have been the most uneventful Friday night we all could have possibly had, with a lot of sedentary-ness...a movie, Puzzles, then some good, old-fashioned sitting around. No sleepover last night, alas...

So I think tonight I'll be in Hermosa Beach, staying the night with Corey and Heather, and hopefully getting all the studious stuff done. There are so many distractions here, most of them self-created, that I can't get anything done in a reasonable amount of time. Then again, the last English paper DID work out ok...no! Don't tempt fate, Megan. Just get all your stuff together. It WILL not be a wasted three-day weekend (well, God willing, there will be some wasted-ness on Sunday night...thank YOU, Veterans Day!), no siree Bob.

Realized just HOW starved for affection I really am when Tom called this morning (ok, it was about 12. But that's the morning to ME, ok?). It was...weird to talk to someone that I knew would take some pity on poor little neglected me, should there be a physical proximity of less than about 400 miles. Alas, the distance is there, and I have a feeling that I don't know just how complicated things really are, or how much MORE complicated things can get...

Right, get over yourself, Megan. Your life isn't THAT hard, apart from the abject poverty (Oh! I got new jeans and a sweater at the Gap yesterday, by the way...), lack of affection, and...odd sleeping hours. Here's to a bitchin' Saturday night in Hermosa, and to getting stuff accomplished! Oh, and to suddenly discovering a huge box of money!
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives