Thursday, Thursday, Thursday...where oh where to begin.
Ah yes, I went to Andy's "business meeting," which was this thing that he had to meet some random guy at the Coffee Bean (not the Olive Garden one, the Gayley one...smart guy!) for, and something about which he knew practically nothing, except that it had to do with money. I believe the approach on Bruin Walk was some crappy line like, "Do you like money?" Easily distracted by both shiny objects and promises of great riches, Andy could do nothing but sign up for something (could have been a cult, but if there was money involved, he was IN!). So we went to this meeting thing at 7:30...well, he went and met with the cheesy infomercial-esque guy, and I sat at the next table, trying to read my book and drink my vanilla latte without punching the idiot charlatan (the meeting guy, not Andy) in the face (anger issues, maybe, but you had to BE there). The main gist of the whole "presentation" was that, by "word of mouth" (read: pyramid scheme, pyramid scheme, pyramid scheme) advertising for some long-distance company, Andy could get ZILLIONS of dollars, cars, ponies, and ladies. The idea was, if he convinced his family and friends (who would probably disown or disembowel him after trying to sell them on some b.s. phone thing) to switch providers, he would have "associates working under him." (I suggested that he become an adult film star and have associates working under him, but he seemed uninterested. Oh well, his loss.) Finally the "meeting" was over after the SECOND guy came in to give him the hard sell and make absolutely sure that he didn't want to get involved in this "wonderful opportunity." Right. We walked back to Birch circuituously through Westwood, glancing around to see if we could spot any celebrities trying to flee the "8 Mile" premiere, which was going on at the time.
Well, last night was another sleepover night with Sutherland (is it weird that I sleep so much better when there's another occupant in my twin bed?). Michael came by, wanting to go to Puzzles, and appeared thoroughly puzzled himself by the presence of Andy in my bed (as if THAT'S a rare occurrence...not that I'm complaining), and ended up leaving just as bewildered as he came in. Watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" with Andy, went to Puzzles later with him and Brian (gaah, we waited forever to get my fries. FRIES, man! Come ON!), then came back and finished the movie. Getting-ready-for-bed festivities commenced (hey, we're BOTH really high-maintenance), and then...Michelle and Kristen came back. I didn't think they were going to, but it turned out that Michelle got a little sick from all the nasty 40s they'd been drinking (I'm not kidding...it was a "bring your own 40," ghetto fab party at Michelle's friend's apt). Not sure if their arrival changed the course of events of last night, but discovered that touching is not disallowed (double negatives, anyone? Sorry, just trying not to be TOO descriptive of the...not really anything...that happened). Nice, we should do it again sometime...also, could we be drunk? And could I be less afraid of possible crushing and/or rejection that is possible in this scenario? That might be nice...and now I might have revealed too much. Oh well, I'm too chicken to actually SAY anything...
Today was my meeting with George about my Wife of Bath paper, due Monday...and it went really well. Of course, we talked about the paper, which I'm not really worried about, and then we talked about my love for Camus, my hatred for the fact that my copy of
The Stranger
was all but stolen, and the 10 series, the most mythologically scary series of three classes in the whoooooooole world. It was nice, as I usually get along REALLY well with my English instructors, and he's no exception. Plus, he complimented my writing. See, wordiness DOES have its advantages, especially when I HAVE to make a paper at least five pages long.
Don't want to ramble on tooooooo long, so will stop here. Think I might go to Northern Lights later, and bask in the glow of the fireplace...yay, more basking!