Saw "Harry Potter" with Brian on Thursday night. Don't know HOW I managed to omit that fact, 'cause it was really, really good. But don't take MY word for it. Run out and see the new Harry Potter movie! You heard me! RUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!
SAAAAATURDAY! I actually left the building...I managed to conquer my mournful mood in response to the event of Andy's departure, and ended up going to 3rd Street with Candice and her roommate, Aiko. It was really, REALLY nice to hang out with girls, and I was pleased with the opportunity to openly ogle cute, possibly foreign men-- there were a few, believe you me.I purchased nothing except for a Fatburger (who wants to eat something called a "fatburger"? Well, me...I guess. It was ok, but not great...in case you're wondering) and this really good caramel/apple/graham cracker crumb thing. The
temptation to spend was strong, but my poverty remained stronger--plus, I was wearing this Ralph Lauren shirt that I altered ALL BY MYSELF. Which means that, in theory, I could just sew all my own stuff, rather than buying overpriced shit that just
looks like DIY. The highlight of the Santa Monica outing? I saw a PSYCHIC CAT! It was possibly the weirdest thing ever, wearing a turban and this weird robe thing, sitting next to a bum who, I'm assuming, was a translator of sorts. After we took the bus back to Westwood and went to Ralph's, we ended up watching "The Sweetest Thing" in Candice's room. It was hilarious, and raunchy...and I'm sooooo glad that I got to watch it after my first "girl" outing in a long time. If you ever have the chance, watch it! I still have the penis song in my head..."too big to fit in here, too big to fit in here..."
Today I managed to sleep in until 3, and didn't leave the building until...until...ANDY CAME BACK! My life can now have meaning again (and I'm only kind of kidding)...I had all these big plans to get work done, and finish these essays that I have to do, but ended up just sitting around. Surprised? Stop it! You should TOTALLY know me better, even if...even if...well, I just don't know where I was going with that.