Someday we'll know
 

 
This is the story of a girl...
 
 
   
 
Sunday, November 17, 2002
 
...and that, boys and girls, is what a blog entry looks like under the influence of Stoli Vanilla. Very confusing, even to the author. And you can IMAGINE what effort it took to type even that little blurb.

Went and saw "Lilo and Stitch" with the usual suspects: Andy, Brian, Steve, Gemma. Was nearly brought to tears by Disney, once again...I AM GOING TO DIE ALONE! I have no ohana! Ohhh, damn you, space-alien-dog-thing! Walked back to room, began to watch "High Fidelity" (later abandoned, in abject intoxication), pursued drunkenness with quite a fervor, reached goal. Walked around campus with Gemma, cursed a certain man, waded in a fountain, came back to room and listened to the song from "Sleeping Beauty." If only, if only...I want to be some ridiculous, skinny, beautiful cartoon princess, with one of those...guys...on a horse, to come and save me from my life in a hut in the woods with my cats/"babies."

Woke up on the floor this morning, after trying to prove some ridiculous point (was probably more self-pity...whyyyyyy are you sleeping on the floor, Sutherland? I demand an answer, and a real answer is preferable to some b.s.)...day was uneventful, until Andy and I took the bus to the Getty, which is so ridiculously beautiful. It's this art museum/garden place, completely made of some white stone stuff that looks SO amazing against the gorgeous, smoggy, sunset-y sky that can only occur inside the smog bubble that IS L.A. Nearly wept, because I so desperately wanted to be able to communicate the beauty of the place and the moment...I wish I was a more succinct writer, or a better musician, or...something, something so that I could really tell anyone what was going on inside, in response to the setting. That's the kind of place that I'd pick for...any event where I get to wear some amazing dress and feel all princess-y. Or when I trick some guy into believing that I'm better than I really am, so he, too, can be intoxicated by that place. I have found beauty in the urban sprawl, and...hey, good news-- it's only a 10-minute, $1.35 bus trip away!

I wish everything in my life could be like the Getty...some glistening, unreal, beautiful, incommunicably wonderful thing that shouldn't be sullied by any mention in something as silly as a blog.
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives