Beautiful Wednesday, with Thursday so close I can taste it!
Had English today, where I made friends with this guy, Nick, who's from Saratoga and went to Mitty-- yay, someone from (close to) home! I emoted over missing my dog and driving, and we talked about stuff in the area. It made me happy, and at the same time, a little sad to think about home. What was I doing a year ago? Wait, let me think...probably writing my UC app essay for the fourteenth time and chasing after Ronnie. Oh well, at least the whole UC thing worked out well. Schools are much less emotionally complicated than boys are, usually.
And now, look at me, all...in college, and stuff. That reminds me of last night, when Andy and I were waiting in the(unbelievably huge) line for Puzzles and talking about how old we are. Not as in, "Hey, we're eighteen," just as in, "Hey, aren't our lives weird?" To be thrown into this situation where trust is just expected (and, as a result...not deserved. Something we find out too late, sometimes...) of people we don't even know, is just a little weird. All the stuff that I was going through the entire first year of high school has happened in the first, ohh...FOUR WEEKS of college. What the hell? Is this how life is going to be, from now on? Fast, complicated, with stuff sometimes left unfinished and unsaid? I'm not sure how ok I am with that...
Today I am a trophy wife. At least, that's what Michael said, as we were walking down Bruin Walk to Ackerman and Kerckhoff...I guess that's what I get for going (not even close to) all-out, with a skirt (heaven forbid I look like a GIRL some days...) and my cute little Santa Monica shoes. Oh well... I was talking (ok, IM-ing) with the
other
Michael (Cosentino's Michael) last night, talking about how other people see us...ok, just me (how self-absorbed is that?). He said I was "Intelligent, flamboyant, and intimidating..." Are those goooooood things? How do I WANT to be seen? Ultimately, does that even matter? People see what they want in the worst case, and see what I choose to display in the best case. Then again, I sometimes choose to reveal a little more than I should (and not LITERALLY, just...not literally, that's all I can think of right now).
Awkward moment of the day, so far: five-second lunch joiner. Comes, sits, talks for three seconds, leaves. Not that I wasn't ok with this (as there IS some oddness...as well there should be. Stop making out on other people's beds! And in front of me! And...eww. Just...no.), but it was strange.
Andy quote for the day (although I'm sure he'll say something disgustingly hilarious later...): "Why should I bother to read your blog? It's not like anything happens to you when I'm not there, anyway..." This may be true, scrumptious bum, but there's all the funny stuff I think of, just about five seconds too late to insert into conversation. You've got to read, if only for that.
Off to the riveting world of fake German...